NORTHERN NEVADA CHAPTER OF INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL INVITES YOU TO BE A PART OF OUR ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO PUBLIC SAFETY AND CODE COMPLIANCE
- Promoting the principles underlying safety in the construction, occupancy, and location of buildings and structures.
- To support and enforce all applicable codes and ordinances relating to public safety and promote public welfare.
- To investigate, discuss and accomplish public safety objectives.
- To promote and develop the uniformity of codes, ordinances and legislation throughout the northern portion of the state including local entities.
- To promote a better understanding of the codes and ordinances to the public and advance professional skills of code enforcement officials, designers and contractors through educational seminars.
- To maintain the prestige of the code enforcement official, to promote education through training, to promote and maintain the code enforcement official as a highly qualified, technical professional, ethical, capable and dedicated individual.
- To encourage the symbiotic relationship between code officials, designers, contractors and industry.
- To do all other things permitted to be done by a charitable organization exempt from taxation under Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3) and the State of Nevada as are incidental to or desirable for the attainment of the above objectives.
We have four levels of membership:
- Governmental members which consist of government employees who belong to State and local jurisdictions such as Building Departments and Fire Departments, and other governmental officials involved with the review and inspection of plans for compliance with State, Local and adopted Building Codes. $20.00 each person
- Associate members who are individuals or firms, engaged in the practice of architecture, engineering, construction, inspection, research and/or testing. $20.00 each person
- Honorary/retired members who have rendered outstanding and meritorious services in the furthering of the objectives of the chapter and who shall be proposed by the officers and confirmed by the vote of the chapter. No Fee
- Student members who must be actively enrolled in Industry related courses at the University of Nevada, Reno or a Northern Nevada Community College. No Fee
Some of the classes we sponsored this year:
- 2018 A Look Ahead – Significant changes between the 2012, 2015 and 2018 IBC codes
If you’re interested in joining our organization, please submit an NNICC membership application and any applicable dues or pay/register online. We look forward to seeing you at the next chapter meeting.